If you’d like to add additional sites to your qualification you can go through the process here.
In most cases additional sites can be added through a paperwork exercise. Note I can only add North Wales venues to your qualification, if you want sites from other regions added you’ll need to find a Trainer/Assessor based in that region, you can do that by checking the BCA website by clicking here.
You can make a submission using the form below (note this will take you to a Pay Pal page once complete). You’ll need to prepare some evidence before submitting this to me which is best saved as a PDF and attached with this form. Here’s what you’ll need to submit:
- Annotated plan for each of the mines/caves you’d like on your list highlighting any
- areas of potential interest to your groups (both geological and historical),
- potential hazards, including an explanation of how you would manage them with your group, and also any
- access arrangements or other considerations for your sites
- pitch lengths (for vertical trips) or the ropes/kit you’ll pack for the trip (if applicable)
- A copy of your current certificate
- Note you can download this from the Qualification Management System by looking under your profile for “Qualification” then click on your Cave/Mine or Vertical Leader qualification click then the “download” button to get a copy of your certificate
- If you’d like Cwmorthin on your qualification you’ll need to provide evidence that part of your assessment process took place in Cwmorthin, otherwise you’ll be required to undertake a practical assessment in the mine to add it to your list
Note in some cases following a paperwork review it may be that you’re asked to present for a practical assessment to have some sites added. I’ll let you know if this is the case as soon as possible.